The 12-Week Beginner Drawing Course
For those who want to spend 12+ Weeks Learning Drawing Principles - 1/5th of What's included in 2D Art School
A Course for Beginner to Intermediate Artists who want to grasp the basics and beyond.
(No experience necessary.)
This is the course you've been starved for.
Your goal is to better your abilities, and not waste time scouring YouTube for decent lessons. You want to work from your imagination, and give form to your inner worlds.
Unlock your creativity
I'm Taylor Payton and my story is simple. I used to draw very poorly.
Even when I was going to college for media arts and animation, my work was fairly sub-par.
It wasn't until I Discovered artistic fundamentals and began to apply that I saw real improvement.
Some of these concepts are applied to the image below.
Higher skill and praise await.
Are you ready to leverage the same techniques the masters used?
This course is about the benefits of learning to draw, and how they will endow you with more creative power than you may have thought possible.
Talent isn't necessary. It's all about learning the timeless principles that the masters have handed us!
The very same things that industry professionals go to time and time again to achieve their high-caliber work.
You too can learn these principles, and what's more is you can use them to strengthen your work TODAY.
That's because they're ever-present, and they don't care if it's a landscape or a giant mech you're creating.
Yes, these basics work with anime, cartoons, realism, and pretty much any other representational style you can think of.
A Powerful Course Curriculum.
Here's a big-picture look at all of the content that this course holds for you:
- 1. Intro to Drawing - The right state of mind, body, and attitude.
- 2. Fundamentals - The basis of drawing evolution
- 3. Drawing from life - Going to the source
- 4. The Gesture of Drawing - Speeding up the eye, mind, and hand
- 5. Values and Forms: - Values are second only to drawing in importance.
- 6. Easy and effective perspective - Create an instant feeling of space.
- 7. Creative drawing - Using Reference as a path to success.
- 8. Drawing from imagination - The mind's eye
Or if you're looking for even more potent lessons:
- 9. Problem Solving in Drawing - Eliminating errors that will muddy your work
- 10. Potent Practices - Exercises that can double or triple your abilities
- 11. The 10 elements of drawing magic
- 12. Intro To Illustration
This is your ladder.
As you ascend in understanding and ability, you'll find drawing is easier, more enjoyable, and just makes more sense to you than ever before.
Climb it at your own pace. There are no true deadlines.
These have been specifically designed to expedite your understanding and application.
The assignments will serve as guideposts - allowing you to wrap your efforts around an objective, thus generating more proverbial EXP points.
Yeah, drawing is a lot like a game. And once you walk through these assignments you'll be playing in no time.
Freelance Artist and Creator of 2D Art School